Lamonby Recruitment have a vacancy for a CNC Turner to join our client, a precision engineering firm based in Coalville. This position will originally be for day shifts with the looks of transitioning to afternoon shifts in the future which will be 2pm - 10:30pm with a half hour break.
• To develop CNC programmes and operate machinery and equipment in line with process method specifications and machine setting, operating and routine maintenance requirements to achieve production schedules within specified times and with minimum down time.
• Operate equipment so that material is processed to target quality standards ensuring equipment and tooling operating conditions are maintained and product material is only processed when in suitable condition.
• Ensure tooling, machinery and associated equipment is all maintained in best possible condition to allow maximum long term effectiveness and ensure replacement tooling is ordered in sufficient time to maintain delivery performance.
• Assist in recording of output, machine parameters and efficiency records.
• Train new operators to raise the competence levels of our employees to improve efficiency and flexibility
• Assist in documenting all existing and new methods, programmes and times
• Assist the Works Manager in rearrangements, new installations and refurbishments
• Assist in developing new methods, routes and production standards, ensuring engineering, production and quality standards are met
• Operate safety awareness programmes and adhere to safe practices above minimum legal requirements
• Enforce top level housekeeping and cleanliness rules within all internal and external areas.
• Ensure Factory and equipment is secure at all times and assist in shutting down and locking up when required.
2+ years programming with Fanuc controls on lathes
Able to work to deadlines
£12-£15ph with overtime paid at 1.1/3x
Other benefits available upon request
Excellent career progression prospects with a clear promotion route from assistant team leader to team leader to Head of Operations